Skip to content

Lace Headband

April 15, 2013

headband1

I decided to update an old headband with some lace from my wedding dress scraps. First, the headband needed its scratches covered with a new coat of paint. headband3

Then I cut a strip of lace off. No measurements of course, just “free balling” as my family says when we wing-it.

headband2

Then I Modge-Podged the fabric onto the headband. I painted the lace onto the top first, let it dry, and then folded the sides over to paste them down. This gave me something dry to hold on to and helped keep everything from slip-n’-sliding when it was wet. It came out a little more brittle than before, but not uncomfortable. It even survived a cuddlefest with Oliver!

headband4

Speaking of Oliver, here are some highlights from our week.

oliver1

Asking for a treat and getting a head-rub from my foot.

oliver2

Sitting in his favorite spot in the world: Grisha’s lap.

oliver3

Practicing to be a  Calvin Klein underwear model.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: